Thursday, November 18, 2010

"Schooled" Review

"Schooled" is a book written by Gordon Korman who has a lot of written works. This book is about a hippie, Capricorn "Cap" Anderson, whose grandmother falls and goes to the hospital. Because he, who is 13, is left alone at home with no one to watch him, he is turned over to a guidance counselor who works for Child Services. Cap, because he cannot be taught by his hospitalized grandmother, has to go to the local public middle school. Cap is in for a surprise because he is not used to regular middle school. He encounters people who find him weird and a nerd and people who make fun of him for the ways he dresses and what he does. In this school it is a tradition to elect the biggest nerd as the president of the school in order to make him have stress and watch him fail. As people make fun of Cap (Cap doesn't even get the jokes aimed at him) and bother Cap, they see the true Cap, the one who is strong and doesn't fall under the heavy attacks from his schoolmates. As this happens, some of Cap's enemies become his friends. Soon enough, everyone begins to love Cap and what he does as president.

I love this book! I really enjoyed the plot. I love how Cap handles the situations and I love how his heart is so pure, when compared to the people being mean to him. I really recommend this book to children and teens. Even though my description of the book might have been maybe a little too revealing, I am sure it will not ruin your experience with this book. I could not possibly list all the awesome parts of this book! Get "Schooled" here!

No comments:

Post a Comment